DATES: 9 February 2023 – 2 MAR 2023 (Thursdays @ 5 pm PST / 8 pm EST)
DURATION: 4 weeks
You should attend this course to gain an in-depth understanding of digital risks and how to manage them best. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to stay one step ahead of the digital future and be prepared for any eventuality. You will learn to identify, assess, analyze, and implement systems for managing risk, create policies for dealing with risk, and optimize the use of automation and AI technology. Build a culture of security within your organization, and plan for contingencies. By attending this unique risk management program, you can get a head start adapting to the ever-increasing digital age challenges.
What makes us unique:
Our unique approach to this course differentiates it from the rest. Unlike traditional courses that focus solely on telling participants what to do, our program helps professionals build their understanding of digital risk management and better prepare for potential risks. Our instructors are experienced in both the technical aspects of risk management and the softer human elements, such as creating a culture of security within an organization. We provide a supportive environment that encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills so that participants can gain confidence in their risk management abilities. Additionally, our course is tailored to each participant’s specific needs and areas of interest, ensuring customized learning experiences and relevant knowledge transfer.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for anyone who aspires to move into a “visible” business leadership role by building on their current professional acumen.
- Transformation Leaders; anyone who is participating in their organization’s transformation efforts.
- Middle and Senior Managers who aspire to move into “visible” business leadership roles by building on their current professional acumen.
- CXOs and Business Owners are interested in understanding how they can leverage technology and data to edge over the competition competitively.
- Consultants, Strategists, and others who advise leadership teams.
- Product Managers, Product Owners, UX Design Strategist, and others who develop digital products
- Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers & team members and anyone who aspires to leadership roles in these fields.
- Agile Delivery Leads, Coaches and Scrum Masters, and those managing change.
- Anyone working with disruptive technologies like Blockchain, AI/ML, IoT, 5G, Business Analysts, Data Scientists and other “T-shaped” professionals.
There are no leadership experience or academic prerequisites for this course.
What will you learn:
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and assess digital risk;
- Analyze data to identify potential risks;
- Implement systems for managing risk;
- Create policies and procedures for dealing with risk;
- Utilize automation and artificial intelligence technology to streamline systems;
- Establish a culture of security within their organization; and
- Prepare for disasters and contingencies.
Embark on an enlightening journey of leadership and risk management awareness! In this introductory course, you will gain the foundation to navigate your development path with confidence successfully. You’ll become informed about all aspects of managing risks for long-term success in a dynamic world.
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Overview of the fundamental concepts of risk management
The Digital Age
- What is the digital age?
- The digital savvy leadership approach
- What are the benefits of becoming a digitally savvy leader?
Foundations of risk-aware digital leadership in today’s ways of working
- Understand your organization’s value creation
- Benefits realization – at what cost
- Ethical value delivery
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
Tailoring and Adopting business leadership knowledge in your current role
- Case Study
- Organizational enablers
- Organizational goals vs your goals
- Lessons learned
Final Project: Demonstrate your knowledge
- The participants will present a final project to the class
- Discussions and Q&A
- Lessons learned & final thoughts
What we offer:
- Virtual instructor-led classes with real-time access to class
- Course materials, activities, and case studies
- 3 months of free access to the Decode Series Membership site
- Professional Development Units (PDU) / Education Points
- References and resources
- At the end 1:1 coaching session
Certificate of Achivement:
You can make your resume stand out with this course. The final project will allow you to demonstrate a deep understanding of strategic and practical business benefits delivery, data value and ethics, and privacy and cybersecurity as pillars for leadership.
You are able to take advantage by claiming an eligibility certificate once you complete the course!
You will also be eligible for 8 PDUs or CPEs if you are certified with PMI or ISACA organizations.
Amalia Barthel is currently a “Top 30 of 800 instructors” in 2022 Instructor with the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. Amalia is recognized for her instructional and practical leadership knowledge at the University of Toronto, Seneca and online learning academies (such as Udemy and HST Talks) to prepare you for success in a business leadership role that is future-proof. Amalia has over 20 years of business, project management and GRC experience in the top 20 industries. She brings her expertise and a deep understanding of organizational strategic goals and how to achieve them in a highly demanding legal and regulatory arena in the design and delivery of all her courses.
Christine Aykac is an acclaimed instructor and learning strategist with over two decades of experience in business leadership and transformation. She is an internationally recognized coach for business and agile teams and has held leadership roles in both the public and private sectors. Christine has a wealth of knowledge to share with you, and this course is packed with valuable insights that you can apply to your leadership development journey.